Welcome to the new SparkED Group Hub. Before you get started, check out our new program overview video

Independent Learners Discussions

Reskill for a competitive advantage in the job market. Access hands-on practice and get certified.

Join the discussion | Share SparkED Program goals!

WillM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Welcome Career Changers participants!  We're excited for you to start your journey with Alteryx, and would love to ask you one question before you get started.

What are you hoping to ultimately attain by participating in the ADAPT program? Is it to add a new skill to your professional toolkit, to jump start a new career path, or something else entirely?

Thinking about this before you start is a great way to keep your focus as you work through the tasks contained in the program. Each of you will have a different goal, but everyone will be working through this together; so share your thoughts in the thread below!

**Just a note! You’ll see reference to our “ADAPT” program in thread. The ADAPT program was an initial COVID-response to help upskill those who had recently lost their jobs due to the pandemic. Because of the success of that program, it has evolved into our new Career Changer program – open to anyone looking to upskill themselves with data analytics through Alteryx.

Will Machin
Community Management Team Lead
Alteryx
156 REPLIES 156
SearsChris
6 - Meteoroid

I have a background in Product and Program Mangement, in both the tech and manufacturing industry. Ive always been drawn to data, data analysis, and making data based decision making, so I am vectoring my career towards that now. The ability to tell the story of the data is very interesting to me and I like how Alteryx allows you to do that and show the flow of the process.

bligh18
5 - Atom

I strive for a successful career in any field, and I believe in the importance of continuous learning, just as I believe in other basic professional concepts, such as teamwork, effective time management and professional honesty.
Learning is no longer limited to the years we spend in school or university, whatever our age or scientific and professional level, we must not stop enriching our knowledge and developing our current skills until you are able to do our work tasks to the fullest, while being keen to acquire new skills that may open up for us. Unexpected prospects.

many thanks to the Alteryx For Good team and the Alteryx platform

Marighene93
5 - Atom

I have a master degree in chemestry . So My main goal to participate in the ADAPT programme is to gain new skills related to Data Analytic field. Since  i have a aim about analytics from a long time ago and so now i decide to go all the the way along to learn the Advanced Analytical approach and tools to sharpen my skill.

SHASI
5 - Atom
Jamez
5 - Atom

Hey everyone, 

I'm James and I'm excited to join the Alteryx ADAPT program. My goal is simple- to add to my skillset in order to be build or innovate something valuable to individuals and business. As much as I'm curious to learn machine learning, I'm eager as well to learn and dive deeper into Alteryx. I hope as well, I will be able to meet like-minded people here to explore and creatively innovate and  solve a real-world problem!

Cheers!

James.

MrLeyva
5 - Atom

Thank you for your warm welcome, WillM!

I am here to expand, align and fine tune my statistical knowledge with the best technological tools.

Best regards!

omars0liman
5 - Atom

Hello, I am Omar from Egypt Tax Accountant and data analyst i am trying to make Alteryx impact my work and make it easier and faster 

shawnmacnova21
7 - Meteor

Hello!

I may be the oddball (not the first time 😀) as I have been using Alteryx and have my Core Certification (through my work account)

However, priorities have changed in my current role and I no longer have an Alteryx licensee nor any of the analytics responsibilities.

So, I am enrolled in the Adapt program to keep my skills up (and learn some new ones!!) while looking for a new role where I can leverage Alteryx to wrangle HR (Human Resources) data and provide insights into employees.

Thanks!

Shawn

DeadlyLeft1979
5 - Atom

Good luck Shawn!

minam
7 - Meteor

I have worked for over two decades designing, deploying and supporting large IP communication networks. Self-study and lifelong learning have always been a vital part of my professional priorities. I have chosen the ADAPT program as data analysis interests me and Alteryx knowledge and certifications will help me revamp my future career; probably as a consultant and a trainer. 

As I explore the Alteryx learning platform, I have realized that it is well organized, thorough and easy to use. This approach is in stark contrast to my past experience with several vendors that disclose very little to the public and hide product knowledge in overcomplicated documentation and expensive training. The overall Alteryx approach and methodology is a welcome change and I am glad to be associating with such people and their products.

I am keen to certify up to the Expert level and hope to learn from and contribute to the Alteryx community along the way and beyond...