Welcome to the new SparkED Group Hub. Before you get started, check out our new program overview video

Independent Learners Discussions

Reskill for a competitive advantage in the job market. Access hands-on practice and get certified.

Join the discussion | Share SparkED Program goals!

WillM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Welcome Career Changers participants!  We're excited for you to start your journey with Alteryx, and would love to ask you one question before you get started.

What are you hoping to ultimately attain by participating in the ADAPT program? Is it to add a new skill to your professional toolkit, to jump start a new career path, or something else entirely?

Thinking about this before you start is a great way to keep your focus as you work through the tasks contained in the program. Each of you will have a different goal, but everyone will be working through this together; so share your thoughts in the thread below!

**Just a note! You’ll see reference to our “ADAPT” program in thread. The ADAPT program was an initial COVID-response to help upskill those who had recently lost their jobs due to the pandemic. Because of the success of that program, it has evolved into our new Career Changer program – open to anyone looking to upskill themselves with data analytics through Alteryx.

Will Machin
Community Management Team Lead
Alteryx
156 REPLIES 156
DJANEKE
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, my reason for joining the Alteryx ADAPT program is to gain knowledge and experience so that I can build towards my future in the Data Science / Machine Learning / Deep Learning and Artificial Intelligence career.

I am completely self-taught with no mentor or teachers to guide me, and with no funding or sponsorships to make this path towards my dream career any smoother. But by Alteryx making this program free albeit a limited time, I am given an opportunity to learn what was previously out of my reach.

I am thankful for this program, and I wish all of you good fortune,

Happy Alteryxing

StellaBon
11 - Bolide

Thank you for your kind words! The encouragement and of this community has made what might have been daunting something that I look forward to returning to each morning. 

Best,

StellaBon

StellaBon
11 - Bolide

Thank you for clarifying the learning paths and certifications for me, that makes sense.

As far as the statistics class, I definitely have that on my radar. I did well in statistics in college but it was only one introductory course. I am glad you mentioned R. I was debating whether to learn Python or R in the future and from what I've read, R would be more suited to my interests. But this is all next level stuff, for now I will haunt the Challenges section until I have a more intuitive understanding of the Alteryx tools. 

Thanks for these links and for taking the time to help!

Best,

StellaBon

StellaBon
11 - Bolide

Welcome! I am also self-taught and very grateful for the ADAPT program which is not only free, but even fun. How lucky are we?! Keep doing what you are doing! Best wishes!

StellaBon
11 - Bolide

Hey, folks. I found the answer to my first question on another thread and I wanted to share it here:

"Great question - We apologize for any confusion around the time limit for the ADAPT license! ADAPT program users will receive a 90-day license from the date they register for the program. If users pass core certification, they will then receive an additional 90-day license on the day they take the core certification test. So the license is good for up to six months. 

Example: If a user registers (6/1)  passes core certification 60 days after registering (7/31), the 90-day license (expiring 10/29) will be distributed immediately.

I hope this helps! If you have any additional questions, please let us know!"  

So, If you want your license and extension to last as long as possible (6 months) then you would postpone your Core Certification. Or maybe you don't mind and just want to move quickly to a higher certification or Udacity nanodegree. I think I will take some extra time before trying for core certification to do more Challenges, as I have only done a few so far. 

StellaBon

mdkhalid
5 - Atom

I am new to data science. I hope to jumpstart a new career in this field using the strong community support from alteryx. I primarily aim to open a startup with to employ analytics to solve sustainable development solutions.

I come from engineering background with research experience in clean energy solutions.

Best

Khalid

AFG_Team
Alteryx
Alteryx

Welcome to the ADAPT club, @mdkhalid!  We're so happy you're here along with @DJANEKE and @StellaBon.

As you can see, we have a hugely engaged Community who is ready and willing to help answer questions and get you solving ASAP. We are so excited to see how you progress.

Please keep us updated as to how you're doing! 

DCHOLMAN08
7 - Meteor
I used a company called datacamp and it was a good help to me. To me I
think you can do most everything you need with this tool and using the viz
tool tableau or Power BI. I mean great tools! Good luck in your journey!
DCHOLMAN08
7 - Meteor
Good luck to you in your goals. The sky diving sounds legit!
omanbarr
6 - Meteoroid

Hello with everyone!

I am very grateful to Alteryx for accepting me in this program.

my background is in BI, ETL tools. my goal is to improve my professional profile and learn more every day

Greetings from Lima, Peru