Welcome to the ADAPT Discussions board! Please use this location for general questions regarding the ADAPT program. For technical questions, please check out the Designer Discussions Board. For AFG general questions, please check out our new General AFG Discussions board!

ADAPT Discussions

Discuss and build your skills with others who have been impacted by COVID-19.

First Week of Adapt

Clarus19
7 - Meteor

Gotta say I enjoyed my first week. Used Power Query which is good in its own right and this is unreal.  My goal is to get every ounce of knowledge in regards to Alteryx for the next 6 months and hopefully that knowledge will translate to 3 certificates in regards to Alteryx.  I know after core I will not have the great blueprint I have now and I am hoping for some guidance in regards to mastering what is necessary to be great at Alteryx.

Dan

7 REPLIES 7
Leeia_I
9 - Comet

@Clarus19 , 

Same here! I plan on making data science a career, and this all seems like the ideal environment to learn! Good luck with your learning, and please reach out if you ever want to work on things together.

Good luck!

Leeia

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Clarus19,

That's really good to hear ! What are the certifications you aim for ?

If you need any guidance or want to know more about the certifications, just ask !

Keep enjoying and learning ! 🙂

Cheers,

Jean-Baptiste 

Clarus19
7 - Meteor

I want to get the core certificate first then move on to the advanced.  This is some unreal software!

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Clarus19 ,

That's good ! I think completing the ADAPT program and practicing with some challenges will give you what you need to pass the Designer Core !

Cheers,

Jean-Baptiste

Clarus19
7 - Meteor

Whats your thoughts on passing the advanced? The 2nd of three progressive certifications

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Clarus19 ,

There is a true difference in level between the Designer Core and Advanced. The new subjects (macros, spatial, reporting, interface) are on another level of difficulty and the practical exercises about any tool that you had in the core are harder.

Also, the reporting tools aren't really good and user-friendly so it's hard to master them.

But that shouldn't discourage you, the learning process is truly interesting and mastering those aspects of the software will open another world of possibilities. So once you got your Designer Core, learn, practice, get certified and enjoy !

Cheers,

Jean-Baptiste

Clarus19
7 - Meteor

Dang thanks for the answer. You gave me the whole enchilada on what I want. Man if you pass the third test your freaking unreal ! Thanks