Welcome to the ADAPT Discussions board! Please use this location for general questions regarding the ADAPT program. For technical questions, please check out the Designer Discussions Board. For AFG general questions, please check out our new General AFG Discussions board!

ADAPT Discussions

Discuss and build your skills with others who have been impacted by COVID-19.
SOLVED

Alteryx Desginer License Time Limit

meprice
7 - Meteor

When I signed up for the free certification training I was told that the license would be free for 3 months.  Just a moment ago I saw a YouTube video called Getting Started with ADAPT and the video announced that the Alteryx Designer license for the free certification training was for 6 months.  Does any know how long we have for the Alteryx Designer license as part of the ADAPT certification training?

5 REPLIES 5
Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @meprice ,

I've looked in License Activation FAQ and it stands that license are for one year :

Q: Will my Alteryx license expire?

A: Yes, AFG licenses issue Alteryx Designer in 1-year increments. Your license will expire on the designated expiration date and you will not be able to continue using Designer. You can check the expiration date of your license by opening Alteryx and selecting Options > Manage Licenses.  We have a license renewal process for those who are still eligible to continue.

Here is the link of the FAQ : https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Resources/License-Activation-FAQ/ta-p/562743

Cheers,

Jean-Baptiste

AFG_Team
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi, @meprice @Jean-Balteryx ,

Great question - We apologize for any confusion around the time limit for the ADAPT license! ADAPT program users will receive a 90-day license from the date they register for the program. If users pass core certification, they will then receive an additional 90-day license on the day they take the core certification test. So the license is good for up to six months. 

Example: If a user registers (6/1)  passes core certification 60 days after registering (7/31), the 90-day license (expiring 10/29) will be distributed immediately.

I hope this helps! If you have any additional questions, please let us know! 

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@AFG_Team ,

My bad, I think I confused AFG licenses and ADAPT licenses.

fanpro
7 - Meteor

How do I activate the license for Designer under the Adapt program?  I have Designer installed but I can't use the run button to after building a work flow.   thanks -Chris

AFG_Team
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi Chris, 

If you head to our Resources node, we have a blog titled License Activation that will help you get started! 

Good luck beginning your analytic journey, and please let us know if you have any further questions!