Welcome to the new SparkED Group Hub. Before you get started, check out our new program overview video

Independent Learners Discussions

Reskill for a competitive advantage in the job market. Access hands-on practice and get certified.

ADAPT Graduates - Share your story!

WillM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

At the beginning of your ADAPT journey, we invited you to share your goals and what you hoped to achieve by completing the program. Now that you're further along, having earned Core certification and/or a Predictive Nano-degree, I wanted to give you the opportunity to reflect and share where you are today.

• How would you describe your overall experience with ADAPT, and do you feel like you achieved your goals?
  • What are your next steps, and have your priorities or focus shifted from when you began the program?
  • What advice would you give to someone that's just starting the program?

Reply to this post to keep the conversation going!

If you're feeling extra motivated, I'd encourage you to check out the video thread as well. We love finding creative new ways to learn more about our community members, and can't wait to learn more about your journey.

Many of you are close to completing your ADAPT curriculum and some of you are simply beginning your journey; I hope that the reflections posted in this thread motivate and inspire everyone reading them. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say, and remember that once you finish, there's still plenty of the community to explore!

Will Machin
Community Management Team Lead
Alteryx
14 REPLIES 14
jsenk
7 - Meteor

I want to start by saying thank you for this amazing opportunity!

As of yesterday, I have completed Predictive Analytics for Business nanodegree while on my free month of access. I was grinding it out each day, but reflecting on the process I think it was worth it. I have earned so much and I am excited about what the future holds. 

Does anyone have any advice on the next best steps? Is there another program I should look into taking? Should I be studying for the advanced certification?

I come from a business background and have no "real" prior experience in the world of data. Is there some sort of volunteer/part-time work I can do to keep working on my craft. I would like to continue building a robust skillset.

Thanks again! Feel free to reach out with any suggestions or questions.

pawanmalik
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

First of all I would like to thank Alteryx for this great initiative of creating ADAPT program.

My overall experience with ADAPT has been delightful. I achieved the core certification in July and completed the Udacity nanodegree program last week. This has opened my eyes to the power of analytics and inspired me to pursue career in this field.

When I started this program, I had previously worked with data visualization tools and excel. Data wrangling with those tools was painful to some extent. But Alteryx experience has made data preparation a breeze. My next goal is to achieve the advanced certification and continue to be an active member of this wonderful community. I am also looking forward to enter back into the workforce with my new found skills.

My advice to someone starting the program is to be regular with the coursework and practice the tools in designer. In case you are struck, there is so much of help available on the community. So be brave and give it your best.

Thanks

Pawan

Swethadp
5 - Atom

All great finishers ..Could you please suggest best version of alteryx for completing nano degree

pawanmalik
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Swethadp,

Latest version of Alteryx should get you through. Make sure you install predictive tool set as well.

Thanks

vasumurugan5459
7 - Meteor

Congratulation Hardik !!

your journey will be a stepping path for us. All the best.