Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Guys Please, Color Coding in the SQL Qry Editing Window - we need this

We need color coding in the SQL Editor Window for input tools.  We are always having to pull our code out of there and copy it into a Teradata window so it is easier to ready/trouble shoot.  This would save us some time and some hassle and would improve the Alteryx user experience. ( I think you've used a couple of my ideas already. This one is a good one too. )

2018-10-18_7-49-16.jpg2018-10-18_7-50-52.jpg

15 Comments
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

+1 I would love to see this

paul_houghton
12 - Quasar

giphy

Brad1
11 - Bolide

Also, pls fix the bug I found.  Thanks in advance.

wlhale
7 - Meteor

Coming from a purely SQL background and using existing SQL queries, this is probably my biggest complaint about Alteryx. It's nearly impossible to read SQL code in that box and i end up copying it into SQL mgmt studio to read it but then it comes over as one long string.

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

Such a good idea and basic features I allowed myself to take it in https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/Embedded-REAL-SQL-query-builder-and-free-SQL...

Brad1
11 - Bolide

I'm hopeful.

AndrewK
7 - Meteor

+1

jeffercj
5 - Atom

+1

We are currently in testing and this was one of my first thoughts!

Colors + indentation for sub queries. 

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Coming Soon

Thank you for this suggestion. The SQL editor will have color coding in an upcoming release.

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Outstanding!  Great news.   

And will it respect food indenting practices too?

Select

FieldA,

FieldB 

From

Table1

Inner join table2

On table1.fk = table2.pk

Where

Field3= x

Right now the editor scrubs all your correct indenting if you change tabs