The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Open Macro - just change focus if already open

When you right click on a macro, and say Open Macro - it opens up a new copy even if there's an existing copy of exactly the same file open already.

Please can you change this to focus on the existing copy by default?    I've wasted hours editing the wrong one, or doing split editing across two copies of the same file.

2018-06-10_2-01-07.png

6 Comments
Hollingsworth
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Can't agree with this one enough.

RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Thanks @SeanAdams and @Hollingsworth. I ran into this recently myself. It can be confusing. I'll look into it. 

skarjatkar
5 - Atom

My colleague had setup a macro and when I run the process, I have the same issue. Can I edit this anyway? The file has data and the output shows 0db. 

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Coming Soon

Thank you for the suggestion. This feature will be available in an upcoming release.

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Implemented

Thanks for suggesting this! This functionality is available in the 2019.4 release, which can be downloaded here:  https://downloads.alteryx.com

If you still wish to have the same workflow open multiple times, you can always right click on a workflow tab and 'Duplicate' it.

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

thank you @jpoz - this seems to work well, and it fixes the confusion of accidentally editing the same sub-macro in two different tabs.