Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Alteryx Resources - Training, blogs, books, exercises

JulieH
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Are you new to Alteryx and looking for the best way to get started? Do you have a good grasp on the product and you're now looking for ways to hone your skills? Here is a consolidated list of resources that should come in handy, regardless of your level of expertise.

Getting Started

• Alteryx Academy
  • Getting Started with Alteryx
  • Within Alteryx > Help  > Sample Workflows - Tutorials, examples and samples
  • Live Training - Online instructor-led training sessions covering a range of topics from getting started with Alteryx to advanced predictive analytics.
  • Weekly Challenge - Subscribe to the board to get notified of new exercises weekly.
  • This community! - If you get stuck, don't hesitate to post in the appropriate discussion area and experts will be happy to assist.

Blogs 

+ Engine Works

+ The a**3 Blog
+ Optimizing Alteryx Blog
+ 3danim8's Blog
+ The Information Lab Blog
+ VizWiz Blog
+ The Big Analytics Blog
+ Chaos Reigns Within
+ Inspiring Ingenuity

+ Journey into Analytics

+ Concentra Blog

Do you have any other recommendations to share? What are your go-to blogs or books that provide new challenges or inspiration?

Post them in reply to this thread, and we'll update the master list over time!

5 REPLIES 5
brenda_watts
5 - Atom

I see the training, blogs, and exercises, but I don't see books. I have the practitioners guide, but I'm wondering if there are any other books available.

JulieH
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you @brenda_watts! There are no physical books available, but we do have this ebook for beginners: Data Blending for Dummies

Is there something in particular you are looking for?

Anil
5 - Atom

Hi I know tableau , i would like to learn Alteryx , is it self learning cource ?

JulieH
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Anil, welcome! I apologize you did not get a response sooner. If you haven't already checked it out yet, our Product Training is a great place to start. It provides different solutions for you to learn at your own pace through videos, exercises, virtual training and more. And the majority are free!

If there's anything specific you are looking for beyond that - a search on the community often returns solutions or knowledge you may be looking for. Otherwise we have an active community of passionate  Alteryx users ready to answer your questions. Just let us know how we can help!

Cheers,

Subratdas
5 - Atom

Hi JulieH and Anil,

There is a  handbook (A PRACTITIONER’S GUIDE TO ALTERYX) available which has been published by USEReady. There are two books - one for version 10 and another for version 11 which is the latest version.

I have found it to be very helpful in the learning process and it is available in multiple formats (hardbound,e-book,Kindle).

It has some interesting exercises at the end of each chapter.

It is available for sale on Amazon.

Thanks,

Subrat

Labels