Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Pasting images into discussions

alexisjensen
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

For some reason, I can't paste images or screenshots into discussions.  Am I missing something?

Regards,

Alexis

8 REPLIES 8
s_pichaipillai
12 - Quasar

@alexisjensen

you cannot paste it like the word 

Do you see the Image Button on your editor box like below. 

image.PNG

RodL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

You can't directly paste into a post. What you do is "Insert/Edit Image" which then allows you to insert an image file.

So you need to take the screenshot, save it as an image (I use PNG), and then insert it.

KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Alexis,

Are you inserting via the button at the top of frame? If so what error message are you receiving? You can't actually paste the image in, but you can insert it. This means that if you use the snipping tool, then you would need to save the image first, however if you use another screenshot tool, then there is normally an option to automatically save the file.

Image 001 - 20160210 - 140219.png

Kane

AndrewW
11 - Bolide

I also can't add an image. As I'm in a highly locked down IT environment I was putting it down to that.

It doesn't give an error, it just hangs until I close the upload window. This isn't the only place I can't load an image, the same is true in wordpress from the work computers.

If this forum can be tweaked to act like that of Tableau, where an image can be pasted in, it would remove this issue from those working in IT environments such as mine.

KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

That's a good point, @AndrewW. I hadn't thought about environment's locked down that heavily. That would be worth adding in the ideas forum. Then other people could vote for it.

AndrewW
11 - Bolide
RodL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

This is actually more of a Community Idea as opposed to a product idea, so the best place to go would be @TaraM for this idea. She can see if this is possible with our current vendor that provides the Community interface.

But yes, a great idea!

TaraM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks @RodL@AndrewW submitted it as an idea and I moved it here:

http://community.alteryx.com/t5/Suggestions-For-Our-Community/Paste-images-directly-into-discussions...

We will look into the feasibility of this feature and update the status at the link above. Thanks!

Tara McCoy
Labels