Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Tableau Authentication for Publishing to Online Server

MaryB
7 - Meteor

Newbie question:

What am I supposed to fill out here? I only have fields from my data source so it doesn't make sense to put them in these?

alteryx.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
dataMack
12 - Quasar

Hi Mary-  Which Tableau server macro are you using - the one from the InformationLab or the one from Alteryx?  If the former, you would use the 'Tableau Server Login' macro that goes along with it that returns the cookie and auth token.  You wire that into the one input and data into the other, then specific site and project from drop downs, once Login macro has been run at least once.

The Alteryx version should work in the same way- you need to run it once first with your login username and password to return the auth token.  Then you can specify the project and where to publsh your set.

MacRo
Alteryx
Alteryx

Just to clarify -- the new Publish to Tableau Server macro from Alteryx does not require you to run it twice to publish. The auth token is retrieved at the same time as publishing. That said, if you would like to select the project from a list of available projects, you'll need to run it once to get that list (using the "Refresh project name list" option), and then a second time to publish. But you can also manually enter the project name, which allows you to publish right away, only needing to run the macro once.

Labels