Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

LINE GRAPH MAXIMUM Y-AXIX

spetkae09
8 - Asteroid

Hello Everyone, 

I created this chart using the chart tool in the reporting tab and my problem is that when i set max value on y axis to 100 when the rate is 100 the chart automatically goes higher and i cannot get this to stay at 100. i can not set the min and max manually becaue then it does not dynamically make the graph fit the window and stretch to make use of the space it smushes it. does anyone know how to not allow this to go higher than 100?

pic.png

settings i have tried are as follows:

settings.png

3 REPLIES 3
PaulT
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Greetings!

Any chance you could provide some sample data and a sample workflow that replicates the issue?

Thanks!

Paul

spetkae09
8 - Asteroid

attached is an example of the graph and how it adds 100.5 when the line reaches 100 set to max 100. thanks

PaulT
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks for including the sample workflow and data!

What I noticed with your workflow is that there is a partcular warning that is very telling.

6-28-2016 1-40-25 PM.png

By going in to the Charting tool, and indicating that you want to have manual Increments, the table tool will behave in the expected manner, with 100 being your upper limit.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Client Services Team

Labels