Orange County, CA

Welcome to the Orange County User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

Alteryx SparkED SoCal Datathon Sept. 29

MadisonD
Alteryx
Alteryx

SolCal-baner-california.png

Alteryx SparkED is hosting a Southern CA Datathon this September and we need your help spreading the word! This competition is bringing together 100+ certified Alteryx students from local universities (UC Irvine, CSU Fullerton, Long Beach State, Chapman, etc.) to work with Alteryx Designer to solve analytic challenges using real-world sports data from all different teams. 

We encourage local Alteryx associates and OC User Group members to attend the in-person round at Alteryx HQ in Irvine on September 29th to cheer on participants, meet talented (and hirable students), and network with the greater Alteryx community. Your very own @chriswilliams41 will be kicking off the competition for students and helping judge the competition!

Event Details

The Datathon is comprised of two rounds: (1) Virtual Qualifying Round/ Escape Room – Friday, Sept. 22, 2023, 1:30 – 3:30 pm PST and (2) In-Person Datathon @ Alteryx HQ, Irvine, CA – Friday, Sept. 29, 2023, 8 am – 5 pm PST.  

Datathon Goal

The Datathon is targeting Southern California students and learners who have indicated an interest in data. The event will provide real world experience for learners and connect them with employers and reputable people in industry like you! As we drive Alteryx Designer learner activations and certifications among participants, we want to engage the broader Alteryx ecosystem to promote connections, networking, and knowledge-sharing.

How you can support this event:

• Join us in-person Friday, September 29th and network with local students
  • Volunteer to mentor/coach students during the event
  • We are still looking for event sponsors to contribute to student prizes. Email me for details at madison.darling@alteryx.com
  • Tap into your network and promote on LinkedIn (suggested text below)

Sample text for a LinkedIn post; or you can reshare from a previous @alterysparked post.

Attention SoCal students with a love of data! Kickstart your data journey and compete to win up to $20,000 analyzing soccer and other sports data at our next @Alteryx SparkED Datathon!

You'll go head-to-head with other SoCal students and network with potential employers who are Alteryx customers. Our first virtual round is September 22, and the exciting final round is September 29 at Alteryx headquarters in Irvine, CA. We're even holding weekly trainings in advance to get you ready to compete.

Register now for your shot at $20,000 in prizes and the chance to prove you've got winning analytic skills!
https://ow.ly/K1us50PAzE3

#Datathons #Alteryx #DataAnalytics #HigherEducation 

DatathonImage.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
alisonpitt
11 - Bolide

@MadisonD I'll try and make the event on the 29th. Do you need volunteers to help out with anything on the day?

MadisonD
Alteryx
Alteryx

Awesome! Thanks so much, @alisonpitt. Do you mind messaging me your email address? We have a prep call for in-person volunteers for the SoCal event next Monday 9/18 (4-4:30 pm pst), I can forward you the invite. We'll review roles and what's needed! 

alisonpitt
11 - Bolide

Sure thing! I just sent you a DM.

@MadisonD  Hey this is Win. I just discovered this Alteryx community and I would love to volunteer at the datathon on the in-person event.

MadisonD
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hey @kyawhtetpaingwin111 Win! Thanks so much for your interest in participating. We just had our prep call last week for in-person volunteers and most of the spots are accounted for, but you are absolutely welcome to attend the event in-person! If you wouldn't mind messaging me your email address, I'll connect you with our team lead to see if there are any additional areas that need support. 

Awesome!