Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Formula referring to other data set

scottjanse1
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

I have made a calculation for an average which i would like to either add to the current data set or refer to in a formula. I have a data set with a long list of fields and one data set which contains the calculated average for specific age groups. I want to calculate the numbers in one data set (the long one) with the calculated data in the other data set (this is one row). When using the join tool it will not match as there is nothing to match, or it will just leave one row. Is there a way that I can refer to the data sheet (with one row) and add this in a formula for the long data set? Or is there a way I can add the numbers from the data set to the other without them being on the same line?

I hope it made myself a bit clear.

Thanks,

Scott

3 REPLIES 3
s_pichaipillai
12 - Quasar

why dont you use Append Tool to populate the one row to all rows to another Data set then apply your formula

or

please post some data structure , so that we can help :)

AndrewW
11 - Bolide

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking but it could be an Append Fields tool will do what you want. This allows you to bring a value from one dataset into another dataset as an additional column.

scottjanse1
7 - Meteor

Thanks you! It works!

Labels