Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Validating a particular record in master data file

vaibhav_jain
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Suppose we have a master data  & transaction data. Some transaction is happening whose product key number is not available in the master data.

I have attached the workflow having the master data & transaction data. I want to create a workflow which can validate whether particular product key exists in master data. If yes, it will update the master data. If No, add a new row in the master data having the product key number along with other details.

Have created a workflow with both the files. Please guide how we can validate a particular record & create a workflow.

3 REPLIES 3
SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @vaibhav_jain,

As the Join will give you both of those outputs (in this case, the Inner Join and Right Outer join, you will need to configure separate Output options for each. I would suggest creating a Flag field with the Formula tool that you can then Filter on downstream, those that are "Matched" will output with an option to Overwrite after being Unioned with those that are not present in the "transaction" file, and those that are "Unmatched" will be appended. 

You will also need to take advantage of the Block Until Done tool, since you are attempting to write out to the same file/database in the same workflow - this tool requires that the data comes in a single stream so the tool can direct accordingly.

I attached a workflow to demonstrate.

Best,

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.
vaibhav_jain
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

As per your last post on "validating a particular record in master data file" you have shared a worlflow. 

I want to replace the unbilled records with billed records basic of common fields like account, credit card etc. Then append the uncommon field to the same file.

Please guide.

SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @vaibhav_jain,

I am not quite sure what you want to accomplish here - can you give an example of what you would like the end data to look like?

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.
Labels