Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Data Blending

soumya
7 - Meteor

Hello there, 

Iam trying to use a filter for 2 things using same the filter function, where the 2 are dependant on each other. For example 

[Site Name] ! = "FB" and ..... (I want to also write in this filter to NOT take [campaign name] ! = "xyz", but the issue is I do have the same campaign name for other sites, which I do want to flow through. 

Is there a way I can speaacify the workflow to NOT take only that campign for 1 particlaur site and let the same campaign flow through for other sites? 

1 REPLY 1
JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

I would try something like...

!([Site Name] == "FB" AND [campaign name] == "xyz")

... which should exclude only the specified compaign for the specified sitename.

Aside: a logical "not" distributes over a logical "and" by turning it into an OR, so this will also work:

[Site Name] != "FB" OR [campaign name] != "xyz"

... which only fails when both site name and campaign name match those specified.

Hope that helps!

Labels