Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Analytics

News, events, thought leadership and more.
BrianC
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Alteryx Inspire 2016Inspire 2015 was like a cultural awakening for me, and I can only imagine what Inspire 2016 will bring. I’ve heard many great stories and been to more conferences than I’d like to admit, and while many of them were amazing events, they lacked one thing, and I didn’t even know it until I walked into Inspire last year. They lacked passion. Sure, loud, thumping music, flashing lights, free buffets, and dessert socials can make an event seem great - but it’s the people that make it truly special.

I entered last year’s conference and rode the escalator up with a notebook in hand, wondering what to do next. As I crossed the threshold, I saw a man wearing a Dunkin’ Donuts backpack. For the record, I am in love with their jelly donut (actual love…not an infatuation). I walked up to him and introduced myself — there began my journey to passion.  I asked him a simple question - “Why are you here?” He shared his background with me, how Alteryx impacted him personally, and how, with his knowledge and the Alteryx platform, he has been able to do things he never could have dreamed of before. I told him how a Dunkin’ Donuts location had opened 5 miles from my house and I took my kids there on opening day (true story). He was fully aware of the location, so much so that he shared how traffic flow, demographics, proximity to the competition (Krispy Kreme was only 1 mile away), the number of stoplights, freeway access, accessibility and more - all were factors in determining that perfect location. I was so surprised — this whole time, I suspected the location had been chosen because they knew I lived so close and would be a loyal customer. This man’s passion came through and it was infectious.

Next, I had about 7 customer meetings, with use cases ranging from a man who was using Alteryx to bet on horse races; to a company determining the best logistics firm to use; and finally a healthcare provider wanting to optimize inventory management for their doctors. One common theme was apparent: all of these amazing people were inspired to share unique and incredible stories that impacted lives. The people behind the stories illustrate self-reliance and empowerment — those people are the ones who make a difference. Hearing first-hand their enthusiasm and excitement was no different than watching my daughter’s eyes shine as she opens her gifts on Christmas morning. I became more passionate.

Finally, who knew a Grand Prix could be so intoxicating, despite the fact there were no cars…just a bunch of inspired people making magic with Alteryx? I was in “pit row” with TargetSmart cheering on Jeremy Kane, but with all the noise, you’d have thought I was cheering on NASCAR drive Kasey Kahne! I met more passionate people at the Alteryx Grand Prix than I can remember, and during the entire competition there was laughter, high fives and the occasional chest bump. Before I knew it, I was leading a cheer…”TARGET…SMART…TARGET…SMART…TARGET…SMART,” and it got faster and faster until we just screamed. This year, I fully expect the crowd to chant “i.am.analytics” (our Inspire 2016 theme), but who knows – maybe YOU’LL end up chanting “i.am.champion?”

My journey was pretty simple. I met some people and heard some amazing stories.  Register and come to Inspire 2016. Don’t sit against the wall – get involved, meet some people, and I promise you will leave more passionate and inspired than when you arrived.

i.am.passionate