Alteryx for Good

Making a Splash with AFG

chriswilliams41
10 - Fireball
10 - Fireball

Hi everyone! I've been in the Alteryx Community for the better part of six years. As I have honed my Alteryx craft, I have always looked for ways to give back to the community. I have been volunteering for food banks for years. However, for the last three years I have been fortunate enough to do Alteryx for these food banks. If you were able to come to Alteryx Inspire this past May, I was given the honor to present, Leveraging Alteryx to Respond to Widespread Food Insecurity. Emergency food services have been providing help to communities for decades, but current business models do not support the ever-growing needs. This demand has meant food pantries are no longer only responding to short-term emergency food needs, rather widespread chronic food insecurity.

We had a huge turnout for this session and I wanted to carry the momentum here. If you want to volunteer, just ask. We will publishing more ways for each of you to volunteer at any organization. We can start by talking here. What do you want to see Alteryx be involved in from a nonprofit aspect. 

Periodically, I will be sharing personal experiences with my company's involvement with nonprofits and Alteryx for Good. I just want to keep the visibility and conversation going. We have such an awesome Maveryx Community! Let's do it!

2 REPLIES 2
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hey @chriswilliams41  great work! Do you know if a recording of your session is available somewhere? I'd love to check it out!

chriswilliams41
10 - Fireball
10 - Fireball

I will poke around to see if it was recorded. I believe that all of the breakout sessions were. I just need to get my paws on them. I do have a new Alter.Everything episode coming out when I talk more about AFG and what we've been doing. Stay tuned for that!