Alteryx for Good

Get Involved in our Tech for Good Efforts

AFG_Team
5 - Atom

Thank you to those who were able to join our Alteryx for Good Exploration Call earlier today. If you are interested in getting involved in our Tech for Good efforts, please comment below with which areas interest you.

1. Share your nonprofit use cases with us. We love to hear how you are using your Alteryx skills to serve nonprofits around the world.
  2. Let’s Collaborate. We are always looking for opportunities to partner with our user community to make our software available and accessible to all.
  3. Use Your Skills To Give Back. We’d love to learn how you are using our product to change the world and your communities.

If you’d like to get in touch to talk about anything related to Tech for Good please reach out to Lori Harder, Manager, Social Impact Global Programs  

30 REPLIES 30
jdminton
12 - Quasar

If we had some digital materials to share with local nonprofits, that would be great! 

SohumSWA
5 - Atom

I think there is huge untapped potential in the nonprofit and NGO space. I was just on a two-week volunteer assignment focusing on data analytics for an organization abroad and quickly learned a lot of of these nonprofits likely don't have dedicated resources or knowledge to build robust analytical processes and pipelines. That's where we can come in and provide tremendous value!

bargavi_sreedhar
6 - Meteoroid

Sure @lharder_AFG, can you please post the list here. We can start from there and discuss on the next steps.

Alayna
8 - Asteroid

Hi @lharder_AFG  would it be possible to make a slack or discord where we can organize these resources? 

lharder_AFG
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi all, as requested, below are nonprofits that have applied to our free product program within the last 1.5 months. Let me know if you'd like to use your Alteryx skills to engage in pro bono consulting or Alteryx support :) Also, open to feedback on the best way to share this information and form working groups!

Students in Training

• Plan of use: Give Middle and High School age kids hands on experience and exposure into data analytic technologies. Professionals in the data analytics field will provide workshops and structured challenges to the learners to help them learn Alteryx. As we are working on the other parts of our program we also plan to use Alteryx to automate office tasks and do data analytics on data received back from recycling computers, serial code match up between datasets , etc.

Street Child

• Plan of use: Data Integration and Analytics

Austin Parks Foundation

• Plan of use: We plan to utilize Alteryx to assist with our program services and accounting functions, to minimize administrative costs, provide better and quicker insights with regards to community needs, and overall streamline our processes will improving the quality of information we have when making decisions.

Marin Promise Partnership

• Plan of use: I'm part of StriveTogether's tableau cohort and plan to use alteryx to take our work to a new level as we seek to close the educational achievement gap in Marin County, California.

CTData Collaborative

• Plan of use: We connect people and data for good. We plan to use Alteryx for cleaning and organizing data.

Campaign For Working Families, Inc

• Plan of use: We plan to use Alteryx to transform the query and outcomes data we collect on our service users and employer members to benchmark and improve our services.

Heartspring Foundation

• Plan of use: outpatient outcomes, school outcomes, and financial data

SVP San Antonio

• Plan of use: We believe all nonprofits should have access to skilled volunteers to further their mission so they can direct their dollars to deepening their impact within our local community. We are excited to use Alteryx to better analyze our data around nonprofit use of skilled volunteers in order to increase donor funding of resources for smaller, diverse, resource-constrained nonprofits. Alteryx, recommended to us by a skilled volunteer who uses it and will help us learn to use it, will be a critical tool in helping us better understand how to increase diversity, equity and inclusion among the organizations we serve and enable us to improve their outcomes and scale their (and our) impact. Thank you for your consideration.
jdminton
12 - Quasar

The students in training would be perfect for me! Let’s discuss!

bargavi_sreedhar
6 - Meteoroid

Interested to help Street Child or Campaign For Working Families, Inc. Thanks!

SohumSWA
5 - Atom

I can help with the Austin Parks foundation via in-person training or pro bono consulting

JosephIkuru
5 - Atom

3!

JosephIkuru
5 - Atom

Hey there, I am new to the Alteryx community. I am also interested in using my skills to give back to the Alteryx community, but I don't know how to get started. Can you give me tips or resources for how to start projects?