Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Show Browse on Alteryx Server

Tienemientje
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

I didn't find a recent topic on this, so I wanted to see if there is already a possibility to show the result of a browse tool on the Alteryx Server?

So I want to show a small overview table and then the possibility to export an excel file with the details on different tabs.

I can do the excel part, but I don't succeed in showing the overview table directly on screen.

I remember something similar when you run your flow as an app in Designer, but I'm looking for something similar on the server.

Anyone any tips and tricks?  

Kind regards, Tienemientje

4 REPLIES 4
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Tienemientje - Try Output Data tool configured to write your result into yxdb. You will then see a sample of your output on the Gallery:

ArtApa_0-1646779663937.png

Tienemientje
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @ArtApa , exactly what I wanted.  

Related to this, do you perhaps know if it is possible to change the order of the output files?

What I have now is that I get my excel listed first and this db listed second.  And so it doesn't show this immediately.

My end user should see this overview and then be able to select/download the excel file.  

I found some old requests to add this as functionality, but I didn't manage to find out if it is already possible.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

@ArtApa 

Wow this is amazing I didn't know about this 🙂

Thank you for the knowledge share 🙂

MartinF
5 - Atom

Hi @Tienemientje,

I don't know if it is still relevant and how your workflow is build in detail, but with the  Block Until Done Tool may help your purpose.