Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Admin access to License management portal | Need help

RE5260
8 - Asteroid

Hi Experts,

I've a friend working as an Alteryx Admin told me that when he usually opens the license management portal - https://us1.alteryxcloud.com/license-portal/ , he can view all the 4 tabs in the page- Home, Licenses, Users and accounts.

I newly joined working as an Alteryx Administrator as well, but all I see on the portal when I try to go in is the "home page" for our current account.

I found that my access is insufficient to view the pages. I so got in touch with support, and the business requested that I give an explanation for why I should require it. I can't simply say that I need the access to view all the designer licenses, users and account details, this has to be a proper justification. I need assistance what should I respond (valid reason)?

Please assist.

3 REPLIES 3
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @RE5260 ,

As an Alteryx administrator, you could be also responsible for revoking and onboarding new users. 

For example, when a user leaves the company and doesn't remove the license from their designer, the license gets blocked and it is impossible to move to another user without this access.

Another reason is to basically manage the usage, there you can see the last time the user accessed Designer, which means you can see if users are not properly using the license and move to others who are interested.

Once a year, you will receive new licenses as well and will need to share with all the users and replace on the Alteryx Server as well.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

RE5260
8 - Asteroid

Hi fmvizcaino

Thank you for the explanation, makes sense.

I can see that the license key for the Designer application installed on the Alteryx Server differs from the license for the Designer application on the client's machine.

I came to work here as an Alteryx administrator (new in this domain), and I'm still unsure of who else in the firm is in charge of managing user licenses. I was curious if what I had stated here had anything to do with the Alteryx server or not. I'm not sure who is genuinely active or inactive in the Gallery, but I can see a number of users.

If I have complete access to the license management portal, Can I check the details? 

Please assist.

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Yes, it is different. To add the license for your Alteryx SErver, you have to do it from the Server`s Designer. You don`t need a designer license on the Server`s designer. You basically get that Designer for free with your Server.

To know who are the admins, you can see through the licensing portal but you can also ask fulfillment@alteryx.com. They will probably have that information for you. 

Usually, the person who receives the new licenses on his e-mail is the license administrator. Depending on how your company bought your licenses, you could have more than one and even more than one account to manage, so I would suggest reaching out to Alteryx and ask them about it.

Best,

FErnando Vizcaino