Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

how to dynamically assign equal records to Team members.

ayush_mishra
8 - Asteroid

I have 3 columns in my input file. ID, Type, and Assigned To. ID has duplicate values and I am assigning unique values to each team member. If the value in column Type = CA then records being assigned to User 1 and/or Type = HF, these are being assigned to User 8. Rest of the records (unique of column ID) being assigned to the remaining users.

I need to re-allocate records to User 1 and User 8 (keeping their original allocation unchanged) in the following scenarios and I don't know how to achieve this. See enclosed excel for more details.

Scenario#Do following:
1User 1 and User 8 have less than Ideal Allocation. Re-assign them more from others.
2User 1 has less but User 8 has more than Ideal Allocation. Re-assign only to User 1.
3User 1 has more but User 8 has less than Ideal Allocation. Re-assign only to User 8.
4User 1 and User 8 have more than Ideal Allocation. Don’t re-assign.
2 REPLIES 2
KarolinaRoza
11 - Bolide

Hi @ayush_mishra ,

I created workflow which I hope meets all scenarios. 

Depending what will be initial allocation then workflow checks specific criteria (sum for User 1 and User 8 and rest) and relocate Users.  

Please verify and let me know if it works.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

KarolinaRoza_0-1624447659731.png

Regards,

Karolina

ayush_mishra
8 - Asteroid

This definitely works. I am amazed to see how you used these basic tools to achieve the outcome. I thought I would require advanced tools. Thanks a lot!

Labels