Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Workflow Event configuration

EN6924
Bola de fogo

Hi All,

Before publishing a workflow to Gallery, users can add an Event (Workflow -> Configuration -> Event) which can shoot email notifications based on the event set by the user. To accomplish that, we must configure SMTP on the server, and when configuring the Event user, we must also utilize the SMTP credentials.

The following events will occur: After or before the workflow runs (with or without failures)

If we skip the step above, we may create a custom workflow that loads data from engine logs and parses it to determine what process is taking the longest. I'm publishing it here because the Alteryx support team can't assist with workflow building or consultation.

I don't have Python knowledge unfortunately. If similar workflow have previously been created by anyone, kindly share with details.

Need assistance.

4 RESPOSTAS 4
Prometheus
Quasar

@EN6924 What is your actual question? Can you please upload a sample workflow (remove your credentials) and maybe a picture or explanation of your expected outcome?

EN6924
Bola de fogo

Hi Prometheus

Let's assume we have 200+ workflows scheduled/manual run. Without logging in to Gallery > Jobs page, Is there any way to view the jobs which are taking longer times to complete?

Is there any custom workflow available to monitor or check?

Prometheus
Quasar

@EN6924 You can use the Alteryx Server Usage Report to see which workflows are taking a long time, how long they take, and times when you're probably expecting to run too many workflows in the same time frame. Check this post: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/Alteryx-Server-Usage-Monitoring-amp-Reporting/ba-p/356.... You can also check how efficiently a workflow is running by enabling performance profiling while developing. It'll tell you how long it takes for data to pass through each tool. That way you can perhaps come up with an equal or better logical solution using different tools.

Perf Prof.PNG

EN6924
Bola de fogo

I have configured Alteryx Server usage report.

Rótulos