Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Using Input Tool - Salesforce Database - Using Single Sign-On (SSO)

Scarbrain
7 - Meteor

I cannot use the Input Tool - Salesforce Quick Connect - as the Salesforce Credentials requires Username, Password, Security Token. I use SSO. I did try and reset password to get the Security Token. I used this, along with the user name in the email, but I get "invalid_grant: authentication failure".

My colleague in the US, had no issues, and once he selected Quick Connect, was taken to the Alteryx page to download Salesforce, and uses SSO.

Possible solutions?

1. I already downloaded Salesforce a year ago, before we use SSO, and connected using user name, password, security token. Could that be an issue? Perhaps I need to re-install? (I don't have admin rights so this just takes longer to get IT support)

I'm using Alteryx 2021.4.2

2 REPLIES 2
Hammad_Rashid
11 - Bolide

https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F000000099liIAA

The error message “invalid_grant: authentication failure” usually occurs when the Salesforce credentials require a username, password, and security token, but the user is using SSO instead.

Here are some possible solutions that you can try:

1. Ensure that you are using the correct Salesforce credentials. If you are using SSO, you may need to use a different set of credentials than the ones you used before.
  2. Check if your Salesforce account has the necessary permissions to use the Quick Connect feature. If not, you may need to contact your Salesforce administrator to grant you the required permissions.
  3. Try using a different browser or clearing your browser cache and cookies. Sometimes, browser issues can cause authentication failures.
  4. If none of the above solutions work, you may need to contact your IT support team to help you resolve the issue.

I hope this helps! 

Scarbrain
7 - Meteor

Thanks Bolide.

I needed to install an add-on, which was in marketplace, not in downloads.

Labels