Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Unable to update Numeric Up Down Value with action tool

george317
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I have a simple workflow which fetches and load all the files from a directory into another files based on date. Here I'm using a Numeric up down tool as something to learn. I'm passing on a date through Date tool and with the help of Numeric Up down tool I'm selecting how many days I wanted to go back. But the action tool is not updating the Interval and I have tried many things to update it but was unable to achieve the output. Also I was thinking whether I could directly connect Numeric Up Down Tool to the formula tool without Action tool in between as I did with Date tool. Any help will be a great help.

4 REPLIES 4
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @george317 ,

You have only to correct 2 simple things for your app to work.

1. The fied value must be selected and since you want to update the full value, you don't need to use the 'replace a specific string' option, you only need to use that option when you want to replace a part of your formula, for instance.

fmvizcaino_1-1590561681220.png

2. Format Interval data type as integer.

fmvizcaino_0-1590561631030.png

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

george317
7 - Meteor

Hi @fmvizcaino,

Thank you mate for quick update. Did work as you suggested.

Just wanted to ask one more if we have option to connect Numeric Up Down tool directly to the formula tool then what could be the configuration. 

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @george317,

I'm not sure I've understood your question. You mean to directly connect without using an action tool or to connect direct to your datetimeadd function?

george317
7 - Meteor

Hi 

Yes... If we can directly connect Numeric Up Down tool to Formula tool. As I did with Date Tool. Here in the image I have connected Numeric Up Down tool to formula tool just for representation purpose.

I wanted to know if this is possible in Alteryx if Yes then what could be the appropriate changes/configuration in the workflow.

george317_0-1590565733712.png

Labels