Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

ToNumber converts String to V_Wstring again

Lego
5 - Atom

Hi

I tried to convert a string number into numeric one using ToNumber, however, I saw that the function converted the targeted String into V_Wstring . I did smth wrong yet I am not aware of that mistake. Any solution or guidance? Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Lego in the formula tool you need to change the drop down "Data Type" to a numeric data type such as double. Its set on V_Wstring in your pictures. 

Lego
5 - Atom

Thank you @JosephSerpis . I did not pay attention.))

Flo_G
7 - Meteor

Hi @JosephSerpis I have the same issue, in my case the dropdown for data type is greyed out. My formula:

ToNumber(Trim([field],'%'))/100

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Thank you in advance!

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Flo_G if its greyed out then you are attempting this formula on a existing field you would need to change the data type before the formula tool with a select tool instead.

Flo_G
7 - Meteor

For other users:

I figured out my issue - the Formula tool is not allowing me to change the data type because I was working on an existing field instead of creating a new one. So I created a new output column with the correct data type, and the used the Select tool to replace the old one.

Labels