Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

TS Forecast and Factory Tool Installation

Dhilip_Kumar
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I have downloaded and successfully ran the TS Factory Model and TS Forecasting Model tools through Alteryx application. However, I am unable to view that icon under Time series. Could someone please assist me with this.

12 REPLIES 12
aatalai
13 - Pulsar

@Dhilip_Kumar don't think it will be on the tool bar - how I would add it is right click on the canvas, hover over insert and go Macro - to might be in there already or you might need to go into browse and select the file via file explorer. Attached a screenshot for reference let me know if this helpsTS factory screenshot.PNG

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

It should install there by default, but you can always open the macro and change the meta info so it shows up in the correct place

TS Forecast and Factory Tool Installation.png

aatalai
13 - Pulsar

@alexnajm I'm intrigued as It don't have in my tool palette and when I checked it was there already under meta info and couldn't find it neither in the configure tool paletteTS not in tool pallete.PNG

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@aatalai just tried it again on another macro, and it works great. Maybe your install/version is buggy?

aatalai
13 - Pulsar

@alexnajm using V2023.1 is there a specfic file location it should be saved to?

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Nope! I tried a random macro saved in a random location and I was able to change it between different categories. Try restarting Alteryx?

Dhilip_Kumar
8 - Asteroid

@aatalai @alexnajm I am unable to get the tool under Time Series palette. Please help me on this.
My Alteryx version is: Version: 2022.1.1.42654

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I am not sure the best way to help - the process I outlined above works seamlessly for me and has worked across multiple versions. The only thing I can guess is that y'all have Admin Designer - I use Non-Admin Designer primarily.

aatalai
13 - Pulsar

@Dhilip_Kumar does the patch over way I suggest work earlier (i.e inserting the macro directly from the canvas)?  as that could be a short term solution?

Labels