Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Sum Previous Month Values

joaopmts
6 - Meteoroid

Hi! This is my first topic here.

I need to get the sum of previous months like if the current month is september and the minimum month is july. I need the sum between this. Another example if the same account number the current month is august, I need the sum between from august to july.

joaopmts_0-1666289490478.png

For this situation, For the current month 09-2022 must show 3, august 2 and july 1.

Thank you so much!

7 REPLIES 7
MilindG
12 - Quasar
Datetimediff([Min_month], [Current_month], 'Month')
gyang3
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @joaopmts see workflow below. Its a simple formula calculation to get the sum

gyang3_1-1666290922268.png

Let me know if that resolves it and please mark as such so others can get to the solution.

joaopmts
6 - Meteoroid

Hi! Thank for your answer. But this is not exactly what I`m looking for. 

joaopmts_0-1666291689761.png

This is the output for the solution you gave me.

The count columns is the number of unpaid gerenated invoices in the month.  So I want a another colum that tell me the sum of unpaid invoices for the previous month. And as my print, some times maybe more than 1 is gerenated. In this case, 12/2021 should be 2, 01/22 - 3, and so it goes. If 01/22 the count was 2, the final count should be showing 4 as an example.

Sorry for my english if i'm not being clear.

Best regards

João 

gyang3
Alteryx
Alteryx

@joaopmts see below the revised workflow. If I'm understanding correctly, you're looking for a running total of the unpaid generated invoices given the min and current month. Please see attached which should get you to the output. If not, can you share your desired output?

gyang3_0-1666294292551.png

If this does solve your issue, please mark as solution so others may be pointed to it.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@joaopmts One way of doing this

binuacs_0-1666306092947.png

joaopmts
6 - Meteoroid

That's what I'm looking for. Thank you so much!

joaopmts
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you!!!

Labels