Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Running Command Batch File from temp folder

NoahNathan
7 - Meteor

Struggling to run external .bat file from the %temp% folder. Any idea how to do this?

alteryx1.JPG

I get this error:

alteryx2.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @NoahNathan. On first glance, your output is .csv but you're trying to call a .bat. I'm assuming your output should be .bat (although you would indeed select the csv option in alteryx with no delimiter) and see if that helps.

NoahNathan
7 - Meteor

It is part of a larger macro. I essentially use it to write a command as a .bat file (called .csv here but is atually renamed to .bat), then I wait until its completed to run the .bat file in the "run command".

This issue is not the .csv file. The issue is that the external program "%temp%.BigQueryBatchFile.bat" cannot be found.

alteryx3.JPG

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Ah I see. So can you show me where %temp%BigQuerybatchFile.bat is being created? 

NoahNathan
7 - Meteor

In the default folder: C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\Engine as that is what the %temp%\ does

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

%Engine.TempFilePath% should be equivalent to %temp%. Let me know if that doesn't solve it!

Labels