Announcement | We'll be doing maintenance between 2-3 hours, which may impact your experience. Thanks for your patience as we work on improving the community!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Retrieve Image in PDF from an API

mzlee
7 - Meteor

Hello, I want to retrieve an invoice from an API in PDF and store it on a folder. This is the first time I have used an API and I am not sure how do l need to configure the download tool. When I go to the temporary folder I only get a notepad with the URL <Image xmlns= I think I am really close to completing..

I tried changing the download to from Temporary file to Filename from a Field "DownloadTempFile" but the download tool is giving me an error. Is there another tool that I need to use after the download tool? 

1 REPLY 1
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

if you are seeing that - you may be hitting the wrong api endpoint. Depending upon the api you are using - you may go to api 1 -> get pdf address - download pdf from api 2 (this is fairly common with say ERP systems). You will need to find a) the blob/binary address. 2) you will need to set your content type as application/pdf (assuming these are pdf and not octet/mime whatever). you can then specify a filename or save to temp.

Labels