Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Report Text - Insert second/third result from same column

tkaufman
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I am trying to add in multiple results into the report text tool, and have them listed as:

[Time Code] (1st result)

[Time Code] (2nd Result)

[Time Code] (3rd Result) etc

This would be for as many results that are available for this individual employee.  

The results are all in the same column of Time Code - so I'm not sure how to have it give me multiple results instead of making it a separate page.  I'm hoping I won't have to upload an example because it takes a while to create the fake text... but if I need to I will.  

Thank you! 

2 REPLIES 2
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

I might be reading your request wrong - but it sounds like you want to cross tab these PRIOR to your report text tool - so each distinct entry you want is ONE row. You can use a tile tool to create a field count - use a cross tab to pivot your data - and then feed the new column names into your report text tool so instead of 

[Time Code] (1st result)

[Time Code] (2nd Result)

[Time Code] (3rd Result) etc

you have

[Time Code 1] 

[Time Code 2]

[Time Code 3]

In the laternative - you can summarize your data by whatever divider you want (say /n) - so you get

[Concat Time Code 1] (which is everything with spaces).

Does that help?

tkaufman
6 - Meteoroid

The cross Tab worked!  I don't know why I didn't think of that.  Thank you so much for your help!

Labels