Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Remove decimal from amount

rockeylearning
8 - Asteroid

Hi!

How can I remove the decimal from amount but still keep the cent? For example, 2222.22, I want it to be 222222.

I found Replace([Field1], ',', ''), it works if my number is 2,222.22 which remove the comma. but if my amount doesn't have a comma, it error out.

I even tried ToNumber(Replace(Replace([Field1], " .", ""), ",", "")), but this remove the cent, which I still need the cent. 

Thank you for your help!

5 REPLIES 5
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Looks like you're field is already numerical, so can't you multiple it by 100? Then change the data type to an integer if you don't want to see any decimal values.

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

Hi, @rockeylearning 

Kindly consider the following arguments.

IF CONTAINS([Field1],'.') THEN Replace([Field1],'.','')

ELSEIF CONTAINS([Field1],',') THEN Replace([Field1],',','')

ELSE [Field1]

ENDIF

OR

Use the Data Cleansing tool and select the option to remove all punctuations.

OR

Use the Regex Tool with options Case Insensitive, Parse, and Expression (\d+)

I hope you find this helpful - Cheers!

rockeylearning
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @RobertOdera for trying to help. I tried your method but it still left with the comma.

I'm not very good with regex, but I played around with this ToNumber(Replace([Input], ".", "")) and changed the data type a few times and was able to get it work now. Thanks.

rockeylearning
8 - Asteroid

@PhilipMannering I was able to get it to work with this ToNumber(Replace([Input], ".", "")) with changing data type to different type.

RobertOdera
13 - Pulsar

@Makes sense@@rockeylearning.

I'm glad we got got you close enough.

Thanks for your question and your feedback!

Labels