Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Regression Analysis in Alteryx

Reba
5 - Atom

Hello,

I am working on a project that requires the development of a regression equation.  I was able to use the regression tool in Alteryx to find the intercept and coefficients for each of the variables.  Is there a way to graph the multi-variable regression equation using Alteryx?  I have already tried the scatter plot tool but have had no luck.

Thanks for the help!

2 REPLIES 2
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Reba 

Yes there is, but there's an important step before using the Scatterplot tool. 

The Linear Regression tool trained a model object ("O" output connection), now you need to use that model object and score the input data using the Score tool. On the Score tool, connect your original data to the "D" input, and the model object to the "M" input. This will run your model against your input data and produce the estimated value of your target variable.

Now that you have the original value, and the estimated value, you can use these two fields and the Scatterplot tool to produce the graph you require.

Check out the attached workflow (which is based on the Alteryx example in Help>Sample Workflows) to see an example of this in action. I also included another example in the workflow that shows off the Interactive Chart tool to produce an interactive scatter plot. 

Reba
5 - Atom

Hi Charlie,

Thank you for the sample workflow, your solution allowed me to create the graph I needed for my project.

Thanks for the help!

Reba

Labels