Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Problem reading SHP files after files moved between folders

Mouserd
5 - Atom

I am experiencing an issue with the input tool generating the following error message

'Input Data(1) Can't find the file "C:.....path......\filename.shp". Make sure the file path is correct.'

Here is some additional background:

1. The workflow and 10 other files were all moved from one SharePoint folder to another SharePoint folder in the same organization
  2. The other file types in the workflow are csv, xlsx and yxdb and do not generate the same error. 
  3. All files are using relative paths.
  4. All files including the shp file can be read using the Directory Tool
  5. The file is not corrupted. 
  6. The shp file in the original directory still functions for the original workflow. 
  7. The issue with this file type also occurs in other workflows that have been copied to the new folder.

NOTE: I have used a separate WF to generate the spatial objects that I need  from the file and save them into a .yxdb.  This was not ideal as I would prefer to have all of the steps in the same WF, but it allows the WF to run.  The data is historical so the objects are not going to change, but I am hoping to understand potential causes of this issue to avoid similar scenarios in the future. 

2 REPLIES 2
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Mouserd 

You mention SharePoint, but your error is from an Input Data tool reading from the C:\ drive.  Are you using OneDrive or something similar to sync the SharePoint files?  If so, check the configuration of the sync tool to ensure that the settings are the same for both the new and old folders.  

Dan

Mouserd
5 - Atom

Yes, they are synced through MS Teams / Sharepoint / OneDrive for business.  All of the other source files from the same folder were moved and all of them work except for the SHP file.  The files were moved from a folder with limited access and published so that a broader team could access the WF.   I have tried to "re-migrate" the SHP file, overwrite the shape file using a new file from the original public source and using an entirely different SHP file that is entirely un related.  

Still the error occurs.  As mentioned I was able to run a new workflow to create the spatial objects using the original file but it will not recognize that file.

Labels