Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Out of Memory Error on using Reporting Tools

Tej_Singh
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

I am trying to output data of 10 lakh rows with approx 12 columns in excel format using reporting tools (Table, Layout and Render) but it is giving me  Out of Memory Error at the Layout or Render tools. Tried runs after changing the user setting or workflow Run setting for memory limitation but still it throws the same memory issue error.

Any suggestions how to handle this error?

8 REPLIES 8
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Are you running on a virtualized environment (ie a MAC in parallels). can you turn off amp? What does resource monitor say? Is this Alteryx 2023.X?

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@Tej_Singh Can you post the memory settings as well as the hardware specs on your machine (screenshots)?

Tej_Singh
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the reply @patrick_mcauliffe  Detals mentioned below:

Alteryx Version: 2022.1.1.25127

Processor: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1145G7 @ 2.60GHz 2.61 GHz

RAM: 8 GB

Workflow configuration Settings:

• Memory Limit: Use Global Default
  • Temporary Files: Use Global Default

User Settings > Advanced:

• Override System settings checked with Memory limit per anchor set to 1024 KB

Let me know if you need any more information from my end.

Tej_Singh
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the reply @apathetichell  I tried running it on my system as well as the server but it gave the same erorr. Detals mentioned below:

Alteryx Version: 2022.1.1.25127

Processor: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1145G7 @ 2.60GHz 2.61 GHz

RAM: 8 GB

Workflow configuration Settings:

• Memory Limit: Use Global Default
  • Temporary Files: Use Global Default

User Settings > Advanced:

• Override System settings checked with Memory limit per anchor set to 1024 KB

Let me know if you need any more information from my end.

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@Tej_Singh Can you make some dummy data to put into your workflow and then post that here; so we can see the entire workflow without any of your data?

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Is AMP on? Does this use In-DB?  I remember some limits on table tool creating larger tables (say >100K rows). 

If none of those are the case- I think you'd need to turn on logs - and send over error logs to Alteryx. Something weird is happening.

What kind of outputs are you creating?

Tej_Singh
8 - Asteroid

Hi All

@patrick_mcauliffe @apathetichell

Sharing the workflow, input file (10 lakhs + rows) and error screen shot.

Excel non formatted ouputs with mutliple worksheets based on Expiry Dates are getting created without any error.

However, when I am trying to output two reports CG Report and TT Report in formatted form it is giving me  "Out of memory error".  Error Screenshot attached. I have already tried runing workflow with and without AMP Engine checked/unchecked but error still exists.

Please advise. 

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Running your workflow - but I think this just comes down to limits of the render tool and the file size created by it. I'd recommend a reroute to output the data via output data - or preferably use a template/blob input/blob output/overwrite to range method.

Also - drop your data cleansing tool - those will degrade performance. And your dynamic select tool could be more streamlined. 

Labels