Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multiple Sheets in Excel.

MD2050
8 - Asteroid

Hello Everyone-

I am able to split the master excel report into multiple sheets however , issues i need help with :

1. after splitting the excel data i get duplicate sheets of one piece of data as shown below in snippets. Intercept 3 is appears twice "sheet1Intercept3" and "Intercept3".
  2. I would like to retain the actual data (which i am splitting in various sheets) in a separate sheet itself so that the end user can see the detail data and subsequent splits of the data. 

Thank you very much. 

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus
Issue 1 is caused because you will have previously written a file with Sheet1Intercept3, probably whilst you were testing this functionality.

Create a new file and this won't occur.

For 2; you can union the dataset to itself (essentially duplicating your data). On the second stream call the flag 'all', and this will create your additional tab with all the data as you desire.

Ben
MD2050
8 - Asteroid

Thank you very much @BenMoss -

I was able to fix both the issues. 

Thanks,

md

MD2050
8 - Asteroid

Gm @BenMoss 

Have one follow up question - once i split the data on to different excel sheets/tabs , is there a way to format them individually by adding footer, headers,etc. and then export out the final formatted file ? 

Thank you very much. 

MD2050
8 - Asteroid

Gm @BenMoss 

I was able to get to split the data into different tabs with formatting and header however i am not seeing the name of the tabs as the "Flag" names?

Table Tool Configuration => Table Mode = Basic ; Group By = Flag and then in the Per Column Configuration i "unchecked" Flag so that it doesn't appear in the report. 

Layout Tool Configuration => Layout Mode = Each Group of Records and Group by "Flag" and in the Per Row Configuration Data Field = Table.

Am i missing anything? Thank you for your help.

file_format.JPGfile_format 1.JPG

Labels