Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multi Row Formula

Rosaile
7 - Meteor

I have a set of data shown below, regarding payments.  The 2 scenarios outlined come from one combined set of data.  My issue is I'm trying to create a column that identifies if a unique ID has installments greater than 1.  (Essentially, New Column would be a Y or N).

The issue I'm having is that I can also have 2 lines for One unique ID because the payor will make a payment to 2 separate payee's (Scenario 2).  So, using the Summarize tool and Group by Unique ID and Count on Installment # does not work because scenario 2 will also show count of more than 1.  

Does anyone have any ideas?  I have also tried playing with the multi-row formula tool, but am not having much luck.

Scenario 1        
 Unique IDPayorPayeeGross Bill AmountInstallment AmountInstallment # New Column (What I Want)
 1JohnJane100251 Yes
 1JohnJane100252 Yes
 1JohnJane100253 Yes
 1JohnJane100254 Yes

Scenario 2        
 Unique IDPayorPayeeGross Bill AmountInstallment AmountInstallment # New Column (What I Want)
 2BobJane25251 No
 2BobMary25251 No
4 REPLIES 4
cmcclellan
13 - Pulsar

I think you've basically got the answer anyway - I would use Summarize, maybe a filter for Installment # as well, then join that back on to the original data set to get the New Column calculation.

Rosaile
7 - Meteor

I had the unique ID's wrong in scenario 1 and have updated, would that change your response?

My issue with summarize is if I count installments then items like scenario 2 will count higher than 1, but they are false positive for multiple installments.

For filters, I guess I can do an installment greater than 1, and then create a column on everything true to say "Yes".  What would I do though for the installments labeled #1 that would be in the false part of that filter, since those lines also need to say "Yes"

Thanks!

Rosaile
7 - Meteor

I got it figured out. 

I did a formula and created a column to say "Yes" on installments > 1 and "Maybe" for installments = 1.  Then I filtered on Maybe's.  Summarized on the true side of the filter and grouped by / counted the unique id's.  Anything that had more than 1 unique id were the false positives for multiple installments.  i then rejoined and unioned my data from the filter and added a new formula to update the Yes or No Field for multiple installments. 

Solution.PNG

cmcclellan
13 - Pulsar

Awesome :) 

Labels