Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Metadata not pulling the complete source information some of the context got cut

ShreyaSharma
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Metadata not pulling the complete source formulas. Metadata not pulling the complete source information some of the context got cut

8 REPLIES 8
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Could you give some more information about what metadata you are referring to? What source formulas are you referencing? 

Have you tried adding a browse tool (The binoculars), and then checking the data and metadata? If you are just looking at the anchor on the right side of one of your tools it may just be a 1MB snapshot. Adding a browse tool will allow you to view the full data set. 

ShreyaSharma
8 - Asteroid

ShreyaSharma_0-1615353866816.png

Hi @BrandonB 

As you could see we have.... i want to view the full formula here?

how to do it

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

You just need to expand the column by clicking and dragging the vertical line next to it:

1.png

2.png

You can also right click and copy the cell if you would like to paste the value into another application. 

ShreyaSharma
8 - Asteroid

Hi @BrandonB 

Still i cant view it i drag it to right..is there some setting need to be done first?

ShreyaSharma_0-1615354809360.png

Regards

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Can you add a Browse tool afterwards and then check the metadata in there?

ShreyaSharma
8 - Asteroid

ShreyaSharma_0-1615355189666.png

Please see the screenshot.

i added the Browse tool ..

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Are you clicked on the browse tool? It doesn’t look like it is selected in the picture

ShreyaSharma
8 - Asteroid

Yes. I clicked on Browse tool. Still not able to view the formula.

Labels