Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Join or Union multiple data

allwynbazil
8 - Asteroid

Team,

I need to union or join the data from multiple connections(The data from 9 summarize anchors). All the connections have the same columns. However, all the connections will not have data all the time. In this scenario, Union or Join Multiple is not working as expected, and the output is 0. The union or Join Multiple expects the data from all the connections. Is there a way to fix it, or is any other workaround available?

Regards,

Alwin

15 REPLIES 15
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@allwynbazil Are you saying the Union tool will not work as expected if some of the summarise tool with no data?

allwynbazil
8 - Asteroid

Hi @binuacs ,

Yes. The Union tool works fine if all 9 summarize tools have the data. Otherwise, it is not giving the output.

Regards,

Alwin

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@allwynbazil Union tool should work at least one of the tools has data. Can you screenshot the union output, where it gives you no records?

allwynbazil
8 - Asteroid

Screenshot 1. Now I split the summarize tools and connect the first four to one Union, which has data

allwynbazil_0-1676370286918.png

Screenshot 2. Second four which has no data.

allwynbazil_1-1676370467030.png

Screenshot 3: The remaining one which has data.

allwynbazil_2-1676370531841.png

Screenshot 4: Joining all the three to another union which is not giving anything in output.

allwynbazil_5-1676370695056.png

Regards,

Alwin

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@allwynbazil for the SS-2 which has no data, how the summarise tool is configured? What is the output of those 4 summarized tools if there is no data?

allwynbazil
8 - Asteroid

Please check the configuration of Summarize tool below.

allwynbazil_0-1676374417347.png

If there is no data it has nothing. I mean 0 rows and 0 columns.

Regards,

Alwin

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@allwynbazil That means no data flow from the tools connected before summarize tool (formula tool, append tool etc)

allwynbazil
8 - Asteroid

Yes, correct.

Regards,

Alwin

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@allwynbazil, since there are no column names from the summarize tool the union tool, will give nothing. One option I am thinking to create only the column headings if there are no records in the flow. The count record tool gives you the record count and based on that you can create only the headings, try from your side, I will also provide you a sample workflow.

Labels