Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

JSON Parse

synergy825
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I am very new to Alteryx, and I was wondering how does the JSON Parse tool work.  Attached is the workbook with the JSON file, and I want to be able to pull its fields and values.  Also, is it possible to convert it into a CSV format?  I am not sure how to utilize this in a workflow.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @synergy825 

The JSON did not came, please attach it.

Garabujo7
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello @synergy825 ,

Have you seen the one tool example for the JSON Parse Tool?

Garabujo7_0-1665693651557.png

Gabriel

synergy825
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Felipe_Ribeir0,

it wont let me attach the JSON file.  Do you know how I can do that?

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Inside your workflow do this and attach the resulted file:

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1665694420144.png

synergy825
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Garabujo7,

I tried to run it but I got an error message.  I am probably doing it wrong or the JSON file is not compatible?

synergy825
8 - Asteroid

Here is the file @Felipe_Ribeir0 

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @synergy825 

Here is one way of doing this, just output it as you wish:

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1665695120568.png

If the provided answer helped you to solve the problem/was correct, please accept it as a solution :)

Thanks.

synergy825
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @Felipe_Ribeir0 !  This helps in my understanding of this tool.  Much appreciated!

synergy825
8 - Asteroid

HI @Felipe_Ribeir0 , I was reviewing the Alteryx flow again, and I had a question that perhaps you can answer:

synergy825_0-1666130885573.png

For the delimiter, can you please explain the "\0" used?  Also, for the code page, how do you know when to select Unicode UTF-8?  Thanks again for your help!

Labels