Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Inquiry

AbdullahMansour90
7 - Meteor

Hi all 

Please take a look at this workflow, each container is the same exact process but reads from a different excel workbook input, and then all the inputs are unioned back to one excel workbook as an output, is there anyway that i can automate the reading instead of having all those containers? as i need to do some other processes for the files and i don't want the WF gets real big only for repetitive acts. 

Thanks in advance. 

AbdullahMansour90_1-1610811118703.png

4 REPLIES 4
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Do all the workbooks have the same schema? If so you could use a single input tool with a wildcard, or use a batch macro to read them all in together.

AbdullahMansour90
7 - Meteor

Hi, 

Yes they do, can you please advise how to do it through batch macros? i tried but not getting anywhere. 

Luke_C
17 - Castor

This article should help you!

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @AbdullahMansour90 

If the inputs have the same schema, you can do it without resorting to a macro.   In your first container, change the input tool to use a wild card path.  Disable all the other containers.   This will read the records from all the files and union the results.

Dan 

Labels