Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Input files in logistic regression tools

FranzMazza
6 - Meteoroid

Dear all,

I have an excel file with 3 numeric variables (2 predictors and 1 target, 0/1), and I need to look up for correlations between those two variables and the 0/1 target. 

However, after importing the file, the logistic regression tool does not allow me to select the target variable. I checked and the variable format is numeric (double) for all the three of them. 

Can you please help me with this? Is there something wrong in the input?

Thanks,
Francesco 

11 REPLIES 11
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Are you looking for a more detailed description of the algorithms used to calculate the output? Unfortunately, there is no additional output provided explaining the "calculation process" in more detail (you just have the results in the report output). But basically, R is used to do the calculation and Alteryx creates a wrapper for the R code to simplify using it. This means, the logic behind it (e.g. calculation of accuracy) is equivalent to R - but I'm not sure, that in R more detail is provided ...

FranzMazza
6 - Meteoroid

Ok, I will then try to look in the R code. 

I am now trying to perform a cluster analysis on the regressions' results, so that I can identify different "risk classes"? What I am doing is:

• calculate the score of the regression as b1 P1 + b2 P2 
  • calculate the frequency cumulated of the score 
  • identify different behavior clusters

Thanks a lot for your help,
Francesco 

Labels