Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

INDEX ISSUES

cjain
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I am trying to prepare index . 

used the table tool for my data.

issue : after every line ends , I want it to end with full stops till the page number column appears.

I tried to put fullstop using cell padding option but that is also not working because of the space that is taken by each letter. what i mean is Capital A will take more space then letter b which causes the formula to fail because it is not able to put the required full stops. IN the image i have to manually put fullstops 

cjain_0-1626765967591.png

2 REPLIES 2
JoaoLeiteV
10 - Fireball

Hello @cjain,

I think you got the logic right, but you're using the wrong font. Some Fonts have different spacings when trying to write and render into documents.

I created an example using "Courier New", which is a font with equal spaces in all characters, check if this would work out for you and let me know if you have any questions. 

cjain
7 - Meteor

@JoaoLeiteV 

I really don't know how to thank you my friend. I almost spent days for fixing this & it became a really big/stupid problem with the most easiest solution you have provided.

Thanks a Lot 🙂

Labels