Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Hi, I am new to the Alteryx and I will really appreciate your help!

mshoily
6 - Meteoroid

I am new to the Alteryx.

I have been able to get a couple details together for query processes. We have two text files with data

a.txt

b.txt

These are the files we want to be able to dump the list of account numbers or phone numbers into and have an Alteryx job create an output (that can be auto saved to the same folder) putting the details in the given file into a format we can grab to run an alteryx job for a detailed query to pull back information based on the account number or phone number.  Both files have some sample data in them that matches the format we would add data to the file in on an ongoing basis.

I will need help/guide how to create the Alteryx job to convert these text files into the correct output format for Alteryx queries?  Each output file does not need to be unique each time it runs, with the exception of one being for the a.txt file and one for the b.txt file, and can be override with new data each time the job is executed.

4 REPLIES 4
gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

Hi @mshoily 

Would you be able to provide some sample input and output files for this use case to help visualize what you are trying to accomplish ?

mshoily
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

Thank you so much for the reply. Yes i can provide the input file. I am not sure about the look of the output from the description I am provided with which i posted in the question. That is why I need your guidance to understand what job i need to create. :(

I would appreciate any kind of guidance and support.

Thanks and Regards.

Shoily

gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

Hello @mshoily 

Thank you for the input file - unfortunately I am not able to understand what you're trying to do based on this sample file and the description above :( 

If you could given a step by step of what your ideal process would look like, this may help me visualize the problem a bit better.

mshoily
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you so much for the kind reply. I would collect more requirements and can update you. :) Thanks again!

Labels