Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Group By Cell in Table

ddaile17
6 - Meteoroid

Good morning all, 

I am building out some reporting for my team and having issues getting the output to the correct format. 

I have gotten everything else correct, except for displaying the Product IDs Grouped by Product Group, Product Name, and Contractor Names in the correct format. I'm not sure how to make Alteryx populate the Product IDs in separate rows grouped by these factors. 

Attached is a test data file, and I've built out the report how it needs to look. I seriously appreciate any advice you can give me, as I need to complete this by the end of the week. As I mentioned, I'm able to get just about everything working correctly except the grouping. 

Thank you so much!

4 REPLIES 4
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @ddaile17 ,

Something similar to this?

fmvizcaino_0-1638199103560.png

Here is another example: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Multo-row-header/td-p/29185

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

ddaile17
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for the quick reply. This is how I currently have the report set up to generate when it outputs. However, my team is needing the report to show all product ID's by Product Group/Program Name grouped together. The attached snapshot shows the correct Output needed.  

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @ddaile17 ,

I could be mistaken, but unfortunately, as shown in your example, I don't think it is possible to group items. Maybe there is a workaround somewhere, but I assure you there isn't a native way of doing it.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

ddaile17
6 - Meteoroid

Gotcha, I appreciate you checking it out. I decided to alter the way the output looks by creating a horizontal table with the Product Group / Product Name and Contractor names, then putting the product id's and other information in a separate table under sorted the same way. I'm hoping to adjust how our data set is received so that I can tweak it a bit, but the formatting will work for now. I'd tested some similar situations that I'd found, but nothing really worked properly in a consistent format. 

Labels