Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Excel VBA to

ShantanuDagar
8 - Asteroid

Hey guys. So I have started learning Alteryx recently.

I am looking to find a way in Alteryx using tools for a few excel VBA commands.

Range.ClearComments: Clears only the comments. And the data and formats of the range will remain then same.
Range.ClearContents: Will clear only the content/data of the range, formats will remain same.
Range.Clear: Will clear the data including cell formats.

Would be great if someone can provide a differentiated workaround for all the above 3 functions in a range of columns.

3 REPLIES 3
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@ShantanuDagar I am not sure this can be done through Alteryx but would like to get some advice from @danilang

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @ShantanuDagar 

In general, Alteryx only deals with data when writing to excel files.  Aside from a few specific cases, such as the Overwrite range option in the Output Data tool and the Reporting tools which can apply formatting to data, Alteryx has no mechanism to manipulating non-data content in Excel files. 

You can work with almost everything, comments, formulas, formatting, etc, by leveraging the xlsxwriter writer library in a Python tool.  The documentation for this library is here.

Dan. 

nidrucomli
5 - Atom

Very Good

Labels