Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Error Encountered with Dynamic Input and String Replacement in Data Transfer Process

mehak0404
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I'm encountering the following error while utilizing Dynamic Input and attempting to replace a specific string. My process involves extracting tables from Salesforce and transferring the data to SQL Server. In the midst of this process, I use Dynamic Input to replace the table names with values from an Excel column that contains all the table names. The error message reads: "Error SQL Prepare:(120) SOQL First mode prepare failure: 31480 syntax error near 'SELECT *<<<???>>> FROM'."

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @mehak0404 ,

we're going to need more information.

Can you provide you workflow and the method you're using to overwrite the table names with examples please?

M.

Bulien

mehak0404
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you Mceleavey. Please see attached.

mehak0404
6 - Meteoroid

This is the excel which has the tablenames.

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @mehak0404 ,

I've just checked the workflow and you have not configured your action tool. You've also only provided a batch macro which doesn't show me how you're using it, what is being passed into the Control Parameter etc.

There is no string to overwrite. Basically, this is not a configured workflow.

Can you provide me with everything and explain what you're trying to do. I have a feeling you are trying to feed in the TableName file, looping through each value to overwrite something in a script somewhere.

M.

Bulien

mehak0404
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you mceleavey. I may have missed some step since I'm very new to Alteryx. I'm trying to get multiple tables from Salesforce in 1 workflow instead of creating multiple workflow for every table and then create and copy those tables to SQL Server. I thought Dynamic input would help me to rename the tablename by reading the tablenames from the excel, Can you please guide me how to proceed?

Labels