Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Email Recipient Can't Forward Alteryx Email with Table and Keep Formatting Intact

taxguy33
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

We have run into an issue recently using the Email Tool. We love to build out emails that describe in a table format all the errors that occurred and send that back to the requestor of the process via Email. The body of that email would look something like the below when the Requestor receives the email in Outlook (no issues here!). However, when the Requestor receives that email and needs to Forward it in Outlook to another user (i.e., HELPER) for some help deciphering the errors - the formatting of the table disappears when Forwarding the email and the HELPER never receives it in a readable format (see 2nd picture below for the Format the HELPER typically sees the email in).

Good email format.png

bad email format.png

Why does the Table Formatting disappear when forwarding the email in Outlook? Is it something to do with HTML formatting in Outlook? Is there an Outlook setting that would fix this or more preferably - how do I fix this in Alteryx using maybe the Reporting suite of tools to make our tables indestructible?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
StellaBon
11 - Bolide

I think you answered your own question! Yes, use the Reporting tools to create a table. Check out the interactive lessons on Reporting:

Reporting in Designer 

taxguy33
8 - Asteroid

We've always been building our Tables out in the Reporting tools (should have mentioned that in original post) and still run into this issue. Is there a specific setting within the Table area that allows it to be forwarded without losing the formatting?

StellaBon
11 - Bolide

@taxguy33 Have you tried using the Render tool to output your table as a PDF and share that way? 

taxguy33
8 - Asteroid

@StellaBon  No - it must be in the body of the email for accessibility and ease of use. So Render is not an option.

Labels