Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Duplicate grouping field specified on the Left side

Georgia_H
8 - Asteroid

Hello, i'm having an issue with this error on my Join stage and need urgent help. See snippet.

My left input is an xlsx file with the following records without duplications: 

However, i keep getting the same error. Please advise.

Note: I applied the same logic in another workflow without any error.

Georgia_H_2-1628813229948.png

Georgia_H_4-1628813363268.png

6 REPLIES 6
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

I have never seen this error and I cannot recreate it. could you try changing the grouping field name/savings going back in? try posting some data and more of your workflow if you can...

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Georgia_H 

You are not allowed to specify same key multiple times for join. As i can see you are joining on qid twice with two columns which is not allowed.  You can maybe use 2 join tools for each key join and handle it separately. If you provide some sample data and expected output. We can take a look into it and help you out 🙂

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

@atcodedog05that was my expectation but it my test runs to recreate it - It doesn' flag this as an error..

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @apathetichell 

You are right i check on the same it seems to work even if key is specified mutiple times.

Could this be something fixed in newer version 🤔

My Alteryx version is 2021.1 @Georgia_H what is your Alteryx version?

Georgia_H
8 - Asteroid

@atcodedog05 @apathetichell 

I don't think joining same key multiple times are not allowed. Joining same key multiple times worked for all my other Workflows. They have been running for years now. See snippets.

My objective is to match QID = PATCH_QID and QID_VULN_QID and when there are matches, then rate the severity as S2. Therefore, I need 2 keys for the join at the same time. 

This is my new Workflow and I'm applying the same concept but it gives me the error.

Georgia_H_0-1628861958541.png

Georgia_H_1-1628862142917.png

My Alteryx version is 2021.1

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

My hypothesis. Switch to another field. switch back.

Labels