Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dropdown values should come from a field after consolidating multiple csv files

bjprado16_spgi
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I'm trying to create an app for our data cleaning automation. The general workflow so far is like this:

1. consolidate csv files from a specific folder into one table. The table contains a field for account names.

2. the user will select an account name from a dropdown. The dropdown values are the unique values of the account field.

3. the dataset will be filtered based on the selected account by the user.

My challenge is that, when I test the app, I am seeing no values in the dropdown. I already tried to search for quite a bit for answers here but can't find anything similar to my problem so here I am.

screenshot of workflowscreenshot of workflow

any help will be appreciated. :)

4 REPLIES 4
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@bjprado16_spgi 
I think at least we are missing one "Dynamic Rename" tool after the Cross Tab tool to bring the account names as the field names.
I stay corrected for above. sorry
and I dont know about the icon #1 between Drop Down and Action tool.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

A quick sample.

AnalyticApp.PNG

SPetrie
12 - Quasar

I believe the issue is that you are trying to populate the dropdown from data that is collected after the workflow starts running.

I think a chained app is the only other option besides having a pre-populated account list to pre-load the dropdown.

I have a quick example of a chained app attached.

bjprado16_spgi
6 - Meteoroid

Yes, I opted for a chained app solution. Closing this thread now. Thanks all for the input.

Labels