Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Data Connection Manager credentials aren't transferring to Worker nodes

matt43582
5 - Atom

I have two servers, one hosting gallery and the same server and another server acting as a Worker.  The Controller is the Gallery server (that may go without saying).  Both Servers are on AWS in the same security group, etc. and have no connectivity issues other than this one.  I'm running Gallery / Desktop 2023.1.1.123 on both machines.

When I save a workflow from my Desktop or one of the two Servers using a Salesforce Input tool, the Data Connection Manager credentials that are stored on the Gallery don't transfer to the other machine.  Often, the Salesforce Input tool will "hang up" at 7% until I cancel it.  Then, when I open the tool by clicking on it, there is an error in the Configuration pane: "Missing Object".  If I want a workflow that uses the Salesforce Input tool to be scheduled on Gallery, I have to sign in to the tool on the machine that I am going to schedule the workflow to run on, save it from there, and schedule it to run with that machine's worker.  So, I can't save directly from my Desktop, and I can't switch workers from Gallery.

I've seen this happen to a variety of types of credentials saved to DCM on the Gallery, but I'm most impacted by the Salesforce Input tool because I can work around the other issues.  Thank you for any ideas, and let me know what else I can provide.

0 REPLIES 0
Labels